28 July 2013

Mini Readathon: This is the End


I'm not much of a Doors fan now that I'm, y'know, out of high school and all, but I'm pretty sure that right before I die, I'll hear Jim Morrison's otherworldly voice intoning, "this is the end, my only friends... the end..."

Some things just stay with you.

LIKE THIS READATHON.

I am so good at segues.*
Did you eat lots of things and read lots of books? I think you must have, because after about... 3 hours in, we all sort of disappeared off of the Twitter except for the occasional check in. Good work actually reading, us! I suspect my extraordinary focus was based on 1) my awesome leadership skills, 2) a few key rabblerousers having alternative plans today (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), and 3) on the brilliance of Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park, the finishing of which is why this wrap-up post is late. 

Since the last post, I have eaten a bunch of baby carrots and mini peppers (smothered in ranch)



and a lot of some candy, the mini-bag of Doritos (which was exactly the right amount of Doritos), and some fancy Norwegian cheese. 

Pages Read: 449 (+ 45 minutes-worth of audiobook pages, however many that is)
Hose Elf Hats knitted: 1
Snacks Consumed: lots

Overall? Let's do this again in 6-ish months! I feel like I'm really getting the hang of this binge-reading thing! 

*Yes I stole this GIF straight from Alice and I am delighted to have the chance to use it so soon.